Hartford, CT area
The Software Developer is primarily responsible for working with business stakeholders and the Product Architect in developing the business solution that matches the business requirements for new products and enhancements.
- Promotes a positive and productive relationship with internal team members and customers.
- Supports the OWIT Global organizational goals of growth and profitability and company policy.
- Works with Insurance Solutions Specialists on understanding and developing specifications, prototypes and solutions.
- Works with Insurance Solutions Specialists with design and writes the code to implement the solution, utilities and supporting products.
- Works with the Product Architect and other team members in product integration, both functionally and technically identify needed features and delivery options.
- Configures product to meet business objectives and solve business related needs.
- Works with Solution Architect and customers on the design and/or creation of integration interfaces.
- Responds to inquiries regarding software, procedures, and databases.
- Researches and resolves user application problems, troubleshoots and recommends changes.
- Provides excellent customer support and communication.
- Assists in the sales support cycle, product demonstrations and training (when needed)
- Develops and maintains relationships with all teams.
- Minimum of five (5) years software development experience.
- Experience in P&C Insurance.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills.
- Ability to work with a global team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in interfacing with databases and XML/JSON interfaces.
- Exposure to automated builds and continuous integration process.
- Exposure to cloud platforms like AWS or similar.
- Degree from 4-year college or university.
Hartford, CT area
The Sales Representative is responsible for driving sales by developing new clients for OWIT’S core business of insurance-specific microservices. In this position, responsibilities will include working with prospects to analyze their requirements and propose solutions, prepare and present sales presentations and demos, respond to RFPs/RFIs, and supply functionality and pricing information. You must thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment and willing to wear multiple hats. The Sales Representative will also build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to help drive our customers’ success and project implementations.
- Conducts “cold calls/emails” to prospective clients and set appointments
- Qualifies prospects as per sales plan, budget, and decision making
- Works with management on marketing campaigns
- Demonstrates/Coordinates products and services to qualified clients
- Understands and follows sales process from prospecting through close
- Builds and documents sales activities in company CRM software and document activities
- Prepares and engages in business development team status meetings
- Engages in educational sessions on product development and updates
- Coordinates with the management team to enhance sales presentation
- Meets productivity metrics as per the management team’s directions
- Handles customer presentation, quotes, RFIs and RFPs
- Coordinates and provides demos/discussions for prospects at tradeshows and conferences
- Promotes a positive and productive relationship with internal team members and customers
- Supports the OWIT organizational goals of growth and profitability and company policy
- Manages well to budgets and schedules
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined policies and practices
- Experience in insurance software solutions sales
- Experience targeting carriers and MGA/MGU
- Good understanding of tool-based offerings
- Good track record of being ethical and transparent
- Willing to roll up your sleeves to help the team with pre-sales activities
- A growth-mindset
- Microservices understanding
- Experience in P&C (A&H products would be a plus), preferably specialty lines with strong knowledge of policy processing functions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel to clients and employer meetings
- Degree from 4-year college or university preferred