West Hartford, CT
OWIT Global a provider of discrete and specialized insurance-specific microservices to the Global Insurance Industry is seeking a DevOps Manager to help support our growing customer base. We are looking for a talented and experienced Kubernetes developer who is highly skilled and can work independently.
The DevOps Manager will be responsible for implementing design patterns for distributed systems, configuring, and managing CI/CD pipelines, etc. The candidate must have experience with microservices, containers, and Kubernetes (Rancher experience or equivalent is a plus but not required).
- Azure DevOps CI/CD Pipelines
- Monitor and resolve issues in all environments.
- Engage in capacity planning and demand forecasting, anticipating performance bottlenecks and scaling the environment as needed
- Release Management (Azure DevOps for now?)
- Design and implement zero-downtime to accomplish highly available service (99.999%)
- Design and implement disaster recovery (DR) between different region Datacenters in the Cloud and different Cloud Providers w/ Rancher & Kubernetes
- Troubleshoot production issues, including performance and function issues
- Coordinate and work with multiple scrum teams for end of sprint releases
- Create the container infrastructure platform for the company
- Coordinate with other infrastructure teams to meet goals
- Enhance delivery systems with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Create and nurture systems on Kubernetes
- Experience with build automation and configuration management tools (e.g., Kubernetes and Helm Charts)
- Experience with Rancher or equivalent tool is a plus, but is not a requirement if Kubernetes skills are adequate
- Strong knowledge of the Cloud Services ecosystem. This includes AKS, and EKS (other cloud providers like Google as well as on premise Kubernetes are a huge plus)
- Strong Knowledge of Kubernetes, container, and other microservice technologies
- Worked with common infrastructure tools like Docker, Terraform, Helm Charts, Azure DevOps.
- Experience with a microservice architecture running in containers (Docker or other containerization technology)
- Experience supporting 24×7, high availability internet application environments that include web, application and database servers and load balancing systems.
- Experience working with a product that has end users
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Software development background is a plus
- Azure or AWS Certification a plus
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Agile (Scrum) experience and/or certifications are a plus
Insurance Solutions Analyst
West Hartford, CT
OWIT Global is a provider of discrete and specialized insurance-specific microservices to the Global Insurance Industry. Our microservices are designed to operate standalone or to integrate and extend existing customer technology environments. We are seeking a new Insurance Solutions Analyst to help support our growing customer base.
The Insurance Solutions Analyst is responsible for providing insurance business knowledge and expertise to help guide and lead customer engagements as well as in support of OWIT product development. The Insurance Solutions Analyst works with customers and internal OWIT stakeholders to capture business requirements and then design and configure well-conceived software solutions using OWIT’s microservices tools. The Insurance Solutions Analyst will also build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to help drive the success of our customer and their project implementations. As a member of a cross-functional team, using a collaborative approach, delivering the highest quality and innovative products and services to OWIT’s customers.
The Insurance Solutions Analyst works with the Solutions Architect, Project Manager, and the Customer Engagement Officer in helping to develop and successfully achieve project budget forecasts, profit margins, and customer successes that promotes additional business.
- Identify and translate customer business needs into clearly defined business requirements and create documentation inclusive of process flows, data flows, wireframes, etc. to facilitate requirements validation.
- Design and configure OWIT’s Bordereau Processing Solution using OWIT’s proprietary microservices toolset to fulfill customer requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to finalize project plans and estimates.
- Actively participate/contribute to brainstorming/working sessions with a focus on continuous improvement and innovation.
- Collaborate with development and testing teams to provide subject matter expertise.
- Review and validate test plans.
- Provide business analysis support to OWIT’s offshore Support team for US based clients.
- Promotes a positive and productive relationship with internal team members and customers.
- Supports the OWIT Global’s organizational goals of growth and profitability and company policy.
- Manages well to budgets, schedules, and deadlines.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined policies and practices.
- Minimum of five (5) years insurance and technology.
- Experience in P&C (A&H products would be a plus) preferably specialty lines with strong knowledge of policy processing functions.
- Experience in processing Bordereaux transactions for delegated books of business and/or reinsurance processing experience is highly desired.
- Strong analytical, communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Product implementation experience using multiple Software Development Lifecycle methodologies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel to clients and employer meetings.
- Degree from 4-year college or university preferred.